Built in 1805, this building served as an auction house and store, known as
"Buck's Auction Room". After the Civil War, from 1872 to 1874, Brigadier General Darrel Ruggles, CSA, inventor and designer of railroad equipment, made this his temporary home. Afterwards, the building served as the Fredericksburg Post Office until 1921, when Horton's Auto Supply took up occupancy. A restaurant known as "Dugan's" opened its doors in the 30's, and remained at this location until 1980, when it was purchased by Samuel T. Emory. Dr. Emory, a Geography professor at the University of Mary Washington, opened "Sammy T's" on Valentine's Day, 1981. It is still in the Emory family today.
© 2000 Sammy T's
Designed and Hosted by Willow